You goal, girl!
After the hectic holiday season, sometimes the only thing you want to do for the New Year is open up a bottle of champagne and soak your tired feet in the ice bucket that was holding it. But if you’re like most working mamas, you can’t afford to lose momentum at this time of the year – especially when you need to pay for that big ticket item your kiddo asked Santa for.
To keep you moving toward your dreams in the midst of holiday madness, we're focusing this month's professional development resources and events on goal setting. Throughout December, we'll be sharing strategies to help you set goals and make plans to sleigh, errrr, slay 2018 from the very first day of the year.
Before you dismiss this as just one more thing to add to the sled load of to-dos already on your list, take a look at this finding from a Dominican University study: Peeps with written goals achieve approximately 50% more of their goals than those without written goals.
If you’re still not convinced, take it from us. We use goal setting in our business, and it keeps us working toward the things we’ve identified as important without getting distracted by the hundreds of other things that pop up in our inbox, on our phones or in conversations on a daily basis. (You know what we’re talking about, right?) And without fail, we’ve burst through our biggest goals every time that we’ve set them – and in less time than we anticipated! Why? Focus!
- Because it will force you to clarify what you want.
- Because it will motivate you to take action.
- Because it will provide a filter for other opportunities.
- Because it will help you overcome resistance.
- Because it will enable you to see — and celebrate — your progress.
So how do you get to the celebration part? Get goaling! Here’s how:
- Watch the replay of our goal setting webinar. You’ll get the know-how to create goals to get you closer to your dreams (for your biz and yourself!) plus monthly, weekly and daily Take Care lists to help you burst through them. WLM members can catch the replay in the Member Resources section here >>
- Create five goals (three for your business and two for yourself) using this month’s mastermind materials. You'll find them in this month's member handbook here >>
- Share your goals with the network during our virtual mastermind or in your in-person mastermind groups. This is an important part of the process, since that Dominican University study also found that goal getters who provide progress reports to a friend accomplish significantly more than others. Click here for the deets on this month's virtual mastermind >>
- Read this month’s book club selection - Simple and Fun Goal Setting Strategies for Busy Moms! by Alexa Bigwarfe - and explore its lessons during a local book club meeting. Find out more here >>
Ready to give it a goal? Share your goals for 2018 in the comments below so we can cheer you on as you goal for them!